Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday after a Wind Advisory in Las Vegas

Today I am thankful that the 40 mph gust wind which beset Las Vegas yesterday did not blow down the remaining stone pine tree in my front yard. I sit in my living room and watch the wind move the heavy limbs on that tree. I even moved the car closer to the house so that the tree would not fall on it if the wind blew it down.

The winds are supposed to die down today and the weather become colder. I hope we do not get any more wind advisories for a while because I cannot afford to have another tree taken out this year. I could afford to the tree removal I had done a week ago. I am going to be paying for that the next several months.

I am glad I had the tree removed because it was in worse condition then the pine still in the yard. I have no doubt that the wind gust we received on Wednesday night would have taken the other tree out and the electricity on the block with it. Then there is the issue of what live electrical wire can do to a dead or dying tree that is lying on them.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9