Monday, February 07, 2011

Wind in Las Vegas

Limbs sway in the breeze
That gently caresses them
Monday afternoon

The Weather Service issues a wind advisory for Clark County Nevada and Mohave County Arizona about 3:18 PM today. I search for the definition of this weather phenomenon and found that it refers to “sustained winds” ranging from 25-39 miles per hour or “wind gust” of 57 miles per hour.

Those speeds do not describe the intermittent, which does not rule out high winds. I simply means those high winds have not yet arrived in Las Vegas or Clark County. I am not looking forward to 57 mph wind gust or 25-39 mph winds. The wind chill factor is only one problem with high winds.

The main issue is the two mature sick looking stone pine trees in my front yard. I am not worried about the wind blowing them down onto my garage because they are not leaning in that direction. The trees are leaning toward the street and if they blow down it could cause other serious problems. The trees definitely have to go; now all I have to do is figure out how to afford their removal. Have mature trees removed is expensive and that expense is not in my budget.

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9