Thursday, February 10, 2011

Writing about the weather requires research

I am writing a story about becoming stranded in a snowed in, so I have to do a little weather research. The stranded part of the story is not an issue because I have had some experience with that. This experience occurred before I moved to Las Vegas. I lived with my grandparent in Oklahoma for a while and one year it snowed enough to strand several travelers in Blackwell. Eventually, the snowplows cleared one lane of traffic, so that people could drive a short distance.

I am have to do some research to help me remember what it was like to drive in one lane of traffic with snow piled high on each side. Finding this information should not be difficult, considering that half of the country had problems with unusual amounts of snow this year. I am glade I live in Las Vegas now because we did not have problems with the snow.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9