Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I heard a nightingale sing in Las Vegas

This morning I heard a nightingale singing. I was in the kitchen washing dishes and I heard the bird singing in my backyard. I think the bird has a nest in one of the neighbors’ yards, but I do not know in which yard his nest is located.

This bird or one like him has nested in this neighborhood for several years. I have seen him sitting in my front yard, but he does not nest in my trees. This is good, because I would hate to have a tree cut down with a bird nesting in it, especially a nightingale.

The nightingale is not the only bird in this neighborhood. I have seen black birds, pigeons, sparrows, and mourning doves. The nightingale and the mourning doves have the most inspiring songs. I could sit on my patio and listen to them sing all day.

In the spring, autumn, and winter, the birds sing all day long. However, summer days are too hot, so during that season they sing in the morning and evening. I think the nightingale remains all year round; he does not seem to mind the winter weather in Las Vegas. Of course, we normally do not get snow in the valley.

A nightingale sing
His song reverberating
An inspiring day

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9