Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Writing about a lost day

Tuesday, August 10, 2010, seems like a lost day because I did not achieve my word count goal. The problems were lack of planning and foresight. Mom had a doctor's appointment at 8:00 AM, which meant we had to be at the office by 7:45. I had to be ready by 5:00 and then get Mom up so she could get ready.

I admit that making Mom's appointment at 8:00 instead of 9:00 was a huge mistake. Mom has Alzheimer's disease or as her doctor called it Alzheimer's dementia, this means I have to be a parent to my mother. I have to make sure Mom takes her medication plus specific other things that she forgets today. Anyway, because of my lack of planning and foresight, we did not eat breakfast or have coffee. There were other things left undone before we left as well, but I will not go into those here.

We went to the doctor and then for Mom's lab tests. After the lab test, we went to the Angel Food Ministries Office to order some meat and veggie boxes. Finally, I found the new location, ordered the food boxes and picked up some bread and bagels. We arrived home about 12 noon and I fixed us something to eat.

Because I not eat breakfast I was tired and could no think about writing anything. I did some surveys and then check a couple of websites. I then sit down on the love seat and went to sleep. I did not wake up until about 1:30 AM today. I did learn from this experience, next time Mom has a doctor's appointment I will make it for 9:00 or 9:30 AM, so that we have time for breakfast and to make sure Mom is completely ready to see the doctor.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9