Wednesday, August 04, 2010

I need to edit my entries before posting them

I read an article a few days ago about editing. The article said that many writer do not edit their e-mail before sending them. I realized as I read the article that sometimes I do not edit my entries before posting them to any of blogs.

A writer's e-mail and blog give readers a impression of the persons talent and experience. These items need editing before sending or posting. Many times, these are the first things a potential publisher, therefore, they need to use proper punctuation, grammar, spelling, etc. Publishers form their first impression of a writer through these items, so perfection is necessary.

I make my entries directly into my blogs, after which I copy and past the item into a document. I then run the item through a grammar and spell checker. Some things a gramme and spell checker will not catch, but a reader will. These have to do with similar words that have different meanings, such as
  1. There and their
  2. Than and then
  3. Your and you're (you are).
I know my weakness concerns then and than, so I have to be especially careful about these words.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9