Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Choice: Either Write or do Housework at night

At first glance, the choice appears simple. After dark, after my mother goes to bed I can either write or do housework. The choice is not that simple because I need a little bit of sleep. I also come up with writing ideas while I am doing housework. If I interrupt the housework and sit down at the computer to work on the idea, I get so involved with the writing idea that I ignore the housework. The solution is to keep a notebook handy to write down the idea.

I have valid reasons for doing housework at night instead of writing. First, no one interrupts me while I am washing dishes or mopping the floor. Second, my Mother gets upset if she thinks I am doing her job (housework). My mother is 89 years old and believes the housework is exclusively "her job". If Mom finds me doing housework, she thinks I am taking her job away. Mom has slowed down. Mom will not admit she cannot do all the household chores by herself.

I will do the housework at night, after Mom has gone to bed. If I had a job outside the house during the day then circumstances would dictate that I get more sleep. However, after tomorrow I will not be working outside the house, so I can do housework at night and write during the day.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9