Monday, August 16, 2010

When all else fails disconnect, reconnect and pour yourself a glass of cranberry juice

For the past three or four days, my system has ran slow and twice, Zone Alarm shut down because of a True Vector failure. This morning, my modem would not connect to the Internet. The modem worked because three lights came on, the only light that did not come on was the Internet light. I try almost everything, but nothing worked.

I temporarily threw in the towel and went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription. When I returned home, I turned on the computer, the  modem and the dozed on the couch. After I woke up, still no Internet connection. Before calling tech services, I disconnected and reconnected the modem wire. I then went to the kitchen to pour myself a glass of cranberry juice. When I returned to the computer, the Internet light had came on. In addition, the system seems to be faster then yesterday, so whatever I did this morning helped as well.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9