Saturday, July 03, 2010

The Fourth of July, Hot Dogs, and Watermelon

Today I went to Smith's Food and Drug store where I bought all beef franks, sweet relish, a small watermelon, and hot dog buns. Tomorrow, on the Fourth of July, I will fix the hot dogs and cut the watermelon for lunch. I have a green salad in the fridge and a couple of bottles of salad dressing.

I associate certain foods with Independence Day because those foods were served on that day when I was a child. Normally, I do not buy hot dog buns when I purchase hot dogs. My normal method of eating a hot dog is to wrap it in a slice of bread; however, I make an exception on the Fourth of July.

As a child, I remember Grandpa grilling hot dogs and hamburgers on the Fourth. Then for desert we would have a cold watermelon from Grandpa's garden. Since I do not plant a garden myself, I have to ge my watermelon from a grocery store. One individual watermelon is enough for my mother and myself, anything larger would force me to find room in my refrigerator for leftovers.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9