Friday, July 17, 2009

You would think a coffee drinker could spell percolator

Experience has taught me that there are two types of misspelling errors. The first type of error concerns commonly misspelled words that almost everyone makes. The second typ of error concerns words that the individual makes. I seem to have a problem with the word percolator. Instead of spelling it percolator, I want to spell it perculator, and I am not sure of the reason.

It is possible the problem is the way I am pronoucing the word. I have an Oklahoma accent and sometimes I pronounce words differently from people with other types of accents. I noticed the issues with percolator in my last post. I had difficulty saving and publishing that post because of an issue with the telephone lines. When I read the published post and compared it with my MSWord copy of the post, I noticed the error. I thought I had published it with the corrected spelling. I had to go back, correct the spelling of percolator and then republish the post.

There are other words I have issues with, as well. Two of the words that gives me problems are then and than, I have to be especially careful with those two words. I am not sure how careful I have been with those words in my recent post, but you can be sure I will look closer at upcoming posts.

A writer needs to know his or her weaknesses when it comes to spelling and word use. One of the reasons for making a blog entry is to practice the art of writing. There are other reasons, of course, but this specific entry concerns typos or spelling errors. Therefore, I will not discuss the other reasons for making blog entries in this post.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9