Sunday, July 12, 2009

The pain of writing

Sometimes writing can be a pain. I am talking about physical pain and not the pain of bloggers block, writers' block or rewriting. Normally, I feel more body aches and pains in winter when the cold penetrates my joints; however, on this beautiful summer morning I am noticing aches and pains that were not there yesterday.

I have knee pain all year round. I wake up with it everyday. The pain in my knee goes away for a little while during the day. This morning my neck and shoulders ache, which could be the results of the way I slept last night.

This morning the pain seems to be waiting on the edge of consciousness for me to let down my guard. I am having a psoriasis flare-up, so that could be part of the problem; if it is then I just have to deal with the psoriasis and not worry about anything else.

I don't like taking medication for pain. At the moment, I don't have anything in the house except prescription pain pills. I'm not going to use them during the day because I don't like the affect and the pain is not that bad.

I have to make an appointment with my doctor, so I will discuss the issue with her. I doubt that I get any answers except suggesting tests or x-rays. Perhaps the pain is just a part of the aging process and something I am going to have to deal with the rest of my life. Well, I am not going to let it stop me from writing or doing anything else I enjoy. I will just deal with it.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9