Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Write about a voice

Daily Writing Practice Prompt for Saturday, July 4, 2009 was “Write about a voice.”

I remember the picture of a dog listening for his master's voice. The picture was on a plastic record. The picture of the dog was on all the records my grandparent played on their record player-radio combination (I think it was called a Victrola).

Grandma like records singers, but Grandpa liked both instrumentals and vocals. Grandma had a pleasant singing voice, while Grandpa had a strong singing voice. The only time I ever heard my Grandparents sing was in church.

My Mother has a pleasant voice. My mother chants and her voice echoes through the house. Mom's voice reminds me of Grandma voice. I enjoy hearing Mom chant because it is a spiritual sound.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9