Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Write about the inevitable

Daily Writing Practice Prompt for Friday, July 3, 2009 was “Write about the inevitable.”

I've always wondered about the inevitable. People talk about something being inevitable, but often what is referred to as "the inevitable" doesn't occur. I recently found out how to tell if something really is inevitable.

I've procrastinated about upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 for a few months. Yesterday, July 6, 2009, I upgraded my browser to Explorer 8. I upgraded because my system is set to download automatic updates. I'm glad my system is set that way because if it wasn't I would still be putting off upgrading to Explorer 8. It was inevitable that I upgrade to Explorer 8.

"The Inevitable", therefore, is something that happens even if you put the decision off. In fact, that sounds like a good title and plot for a short story or piece of flash fiction.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9