Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer writing excursions

I read about a writer who fought writers' block by going to different places to write. This writer, I can't remember the writer's name, would take a pen and note book with her (I think it was a woman). She went to parks, dinners, coffee shops and libraries to write when writers' block struck. It didn't matter if she had a deadline when writers' block attacked, she would put the present project aside for a few minutes or an hour and focus on the descriptions she was penning.

In the notebook, she would describe, in detail, the setting, a person or an event that was occurring. Then she would return home and continue with whichever writing project the episode of writers' block had interrupted. When she returned to the project, she was refreshed and ready to continue working.

This summer I'm going to take some writing excursions. This will help me with my writing and it will get my mother out of the house. I will take my pen and paper journal with me, when Mom and I go on our little outings and describe the setting, a person or an object in my surroundings. Mom will get out of the house and I will have descriptions of real setting to put into my stories.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9