Thursday, February 26, 2009

I just read an interesting article about lists

I just read 10 Reasons Why We Love Making Lists by Linton Weeks. This is an intriguing article, which tells gives the reasons people like to make lists. It also gave me some ideas for blog entries.

I have some very fond memories of lists from my childhood. My grandmother always made a shopping list before she went to the store on Friday afternoon. My grandparents did their grocery shopping on either Thursday or Friday. The day they -picked to go shopping usually depended on what they planned for the weekend. If they were going to go to Lake Blackwell for the weekend then Grandma Newland wrote her shopping list on Wednesday and went to the store on Thursday.

I don't remember Grandma ever going to the store without a list in her hand. She took a pencil with her and marked the items off as she or Grandpa put them in the shopping cart. Grandma and Grandpa always went to the grocery store together; Grandpa would push the cart and Grandma put the items in the cart. If the item was too heavy for Grandma to lift then Grandpa put it in the cart.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9