Friday, January 30, 2009

Dear Blog

Dear Blog,

Writing a letter is a method of journal writing. The writer chooses someone, a person living, dead or imaginary, and writes a letter to that person in his or her journal. I use this method myself in my Gratitude journal and Writing My Spiritual Journey.

It allows the writer to free his or her mind and just write. As I said, the writer addresses the letter to anyone. The writer can address a character in a story or novel. The letter can even be from a character in a story or novel. I does not matter who the writer addresses or is from, just as long as it is a letter.

The last part of the letter is the closing, the normal closing of “Yours Truly” or “Sincerely” work fine. However, I prefer to use closing appropriate to whomever I am addressing in the letter. For instance the closing in my Gratitude journal is "Thankfully and Gratefully Yours".

Your blog author,
Poet 999

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9