Sunday, July 27, 2008

Monsoon Season in Las Vegas

It is monsoon season in Las Vegas, Nevada, and I am setting in my living room at my computer. If I look out my living room window, I can see the partly cloudy sky. The clouds are grayish white and there are huge patches of blue sky between them. The humidity is up, but there does not appear to be any rain on the horizon.

I have not checked the e-mail account that receives the local weather report, so I cannot say for sure about the rain. However, since this is rather dry monsoon season, I doubt that rain is predicted. I would not mind some rain, but I am not going to hold my breath. We have only had a little rain this season.

August is about here, so perhaps we will have some thunderstorms. I remember an August when we had crisps lightning bolts hitting the ground. One of the things I enjoy is setting inside my house, watching the rain, watching the lightning and listening to the thunder. I also like sitting on the enclosed patio and listening to the rain on the metal roof. I have set and watched the rain or listened to thunder in a long time.

Perhaps it would help if I used a thunderstorm in a story. I have three short stories I am working on and a thunderstorm would be good in one of them. The story I am thinking about concerns birth or rebirth. Thunder and lightning storms always seem to fit in a story about rebirth. Of course, that is only my opinion, , it comes from growing up in Oklahoma, and storms there sometimes came with tornados.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9