Friday, July 25, 2008

The Doorbell Ring at Midnight

The doorbell ring at midnight has a nice sound to it, almost like a mystery novel. This event occurred last night or rather early this morning. At least, I think it was around midnight or there about. I looked at the clock and, I think it said either 11:15 PM or 1:15 AM; something like that anyway.

The doorbell ring three times and woke me up from a sound sleep. I sit straigh up, looked around. I got up, went to the front door and looked out the door's window. I saw no one standing on my front stoop, so I opened the door and looked out. I saw only the trashcans setting in he driveway under the stone pine tree, where they were setting when I went to bed. I went to the living room window and looked out my car was still there. I found my keys, went outside, rolled up my car windows, checked to see that my mother's walker was still in the back seat and locked the car. I am going to roll up the windows and lock the car doors before sunset from now on.

The only thing I heard was a police siren; at least I think it was the police and not an ambulance. If you listen carefully to them, the two sirens sound different. The difference in the sound of a police car's siren and an ambulance is slight, but there is a difference.

After I locked the front door, I found my prayer book and went back to bed. Before going to sleep, I said a prayer of protection. I know I said a prayer when I went to bed about 10:30 PM, before the doorbell woke me up, but I cannot remember whether it was a prayer of protection or not. Anyway, that was my night. I am awake, at least I will be awake; after I have had a couple of more cups of coffee.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9