Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Writing in the Early Morning

‘Idál (Justice), 9 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Wednesday, July 2, 2008 about 5:30 AM PDT

It is early Wednesday morning. I got up at about 3:30 AM and the alarm goes off at 4:00 AM. I put cloths in the dryer, made coffee and said prayers (not necessarily in that order). I am going to start checking the washer before I go to bed at night because I should not leave wet cloths in over night. I know from experience that I am not going to wash the wet cloths over that are in the washer, I will put them in the dryer of a morning and get on with my day.

I have gotten several paragraphs written this morning. I made an entry in Writing My Spiritual Journey Journal. I decided to change the format of the letter in that journal. I write letters to Baha'u'llah and this morning the format, for some reason, seemed a bit too formal. Therefore, I am changing the format of the letters to something less formal.

I have to be at work by 8:30 AM, but I live less then a mile away so I can start getting ready to go at about 6:00 AM. The garbage trucks come today and there are trashcans on the curb. Fortunately, someone else took them out last night. I have the check to see how close they are to the curb. All right, maybe I am being a little too "something or other" on this trashcan thing.

Writing in the early morning
is coffee to my muse
she wakes to the sound of a keyboard
like the soul wakes to prayers
or the body to a dark breakfast brew.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9