Monday, June 30, 2008

How do I say good-bye?

Kamál (Perfection), 7 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Monday, June 30, 2008 about 5:36 PM PDT

I went to the dentist today. I am going to have all my teeth pulled and a complete set of dentures put into my mouth. Actually I think the word the dentisted used, when he advised me concerning my teeth was "extracted".

I am going to have all my teeth extracted. I do not have very many teeth left in my mouth. I have 4 1/2 left in my lower jaw and about 10 or 11 left in my upper jaw. The dentist begins extracting them on August 6, 2008. For the first time in my life, I am looking forward to going to a dentist. For the first time in my life, I am looking forward to having teeth pulled.

How do I say good-bye to a set of old friends, which have been with me 61 years? How do I apologize to them because I did not take good care of them? I cannot apologize for not taking care of them; it is too late for that. I can only say good-bye.

How do I say good-bye? Do I write a poem or a story about them? Do I blog about the importance of keeping your natural teeth? I know what I am going to do with my new artificial teeth.

When I get my dentures, I am going to take them out for prime rib. Yes, I am going to celebrate getting my new teeth. I will go out, for the first time in over five years, with a full set of teeth and eat a prime rib dinner. I will have a baked potato, with sour cream and butter. I will have raw horseradish with the prime rib and I will have coffee.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9