Thursday, July 03, 2008

I have a three-day weekend coming up

Istijlál (Majesty), 10 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Thursday, July 3, 2008 about 4:23 AM PDT

I have a three-day weekend coming up. That is one of the advantages of working outside the home; I can now take three days off when a holiday falls on Friday. I am going to have to take Monday off, as well. Mom has a doctor's appointment and the only time he is in his office is on Monday morning. The rest of the time, he spends in the hospitals. Since it is a follow-up appointment, I feel she should see the doctor who saw her in the hospital.

We are not planning on going anywhere on the Fourth. There are just too many people in this neighborhood using illegal fireworks to leave the house. We can see the shows the hotels put on from where we live, so going into a crowd and paying to see them just does not seem like a good idea. I would rather stay home; watch the fireworks from here or on T.V. Besides I have too much to catch up on to go gallivanting across the city without a good reason, especially with gas prices the way they are. I would rather use the gas to get us to doctors' appointments and stuff like that.

In the early morning darkness
the lights of the city sparkle
in anticipation of the coming dawn.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9