Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Every Created Thing has a use

Fidál (Grace), 15 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Tuesday, July 8, 2008 about 6:02 PM PDT

Every created thing animal, vegetable, mineral, etc. has a use. Some creatures I suspect was put here simply to give us something to be thankful for, while others (and this is just my own opinion) were put here simply to irritate or be pests. The pests, of course, can give a writer's muse something upon which to meditate.

Take ants, specifically the little tiny red ants. My grandmother, or was it my grandfather, called them "piss ants", I am not sure why. I never did ask the reason my grandparents called them that. However, it is a good name for them; it is a good name because that is what they do. Those little tiny irritating stinging creatures piss a person off. All though, I think that is what pests are supposed to do.

I can always tell how good or bad a year it is going to be in Las Vegas by how quickly it takes the "piss ants" to appear. They seem to be bad this year. A friend of mine said the best way to get rid of them is to use talcum powder or baby powder. It seems the little buggers clean themselves and the talcum powder clogs something inside them. It makes sense to me, especially since I have come up with a story to use the irritating little ants as characters. I am not ready to say specifically how I am going to use the ants.

I think I will write a poem about them as well. That way I get three items from few little irritating stinging creatures. Therefore, I guess I should be grateful for the ants, because without them I would not have a blog entry today. Without them, I would not have a short story idea or a poem idea.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9