Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Proper Way to Wash Your Hands

‘Idál (Justice), 8 Jalal (Glory), 165 B.E. – Wednesday, April 16, 2008 about 5:40 PM PDT

When I was growing up both my mother and grandmother emphasized hand washing, they were always reminding my siblings and me to wash our hands. Grandma and Mom would have us wash our hands before and after meals, when we went outside to play and came in. I am not sure, but I think I spent more time in the bathroom washing my hands then I did in my bedroom sleeping.

This morning I went to an orientation meeting. One of the videos showed the proper method of washing your hands. In the video, the woman who demonstrated the method showed how germs spread in one's normal day-to-day activity. Anyway this is how the video show us how to wash our hands.
  1. Wash you hands under warm water for 30 seconds
  2. Turn the water on and get your hands wet
  3. Then put liquid soap into your palm
  4. Lather and then was your hands thoroughly
  5. Thorough hand washing is between the fingers and under the nails as well as the hands and the wrist.
  6. You leave the water on while you dry your hand with a disposable towel
  7. You turn the water off using the towel you just dried your hands with
  8. The reason you do this is not to get germs back on your hands

That is how I remember the demonstration.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9