Thursday, February 07, 2008

Writing a Personal Mission Statement

Istijlal (Majesty), 1 Mulk (Dominion), 164 B.E. - Thursday, February 7, 2008 about 8:03 AM PST

I wrote a personal mission statement early in 2007, but on March 12, 2007 my world fell apart when I took my mother to the Emergency Room. My mother is out of the hospital, recovering, and I have found my priorities have changed. Therefore, I have decided to rewrite my personal mission statement.

It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~~George Eliot


According to I Will Change Your Life.com a personal mission statement does three things. It outlines (1) "what you want to be", (2) "what you want to do", and (3) the values you upon which you are basing this being and wanting. Founded on self-knowledge and decision-making, a personal mission statement can help a person change.

Afraid lest he be caught up in a net of words tripped up, bewildered and so defeated – thrown aside – a man hesitates to write down his innermost convictions. ~~William Carlos Williams

I did not give a lot of thought to my last mission statement, a big mistake because that statement did not help me during the stress last year. This year I am going to give more thought to it. I have set March 21, 208 to complete my mission statement; this is the first day of spring and the day I celebrate as the New Year.

I will write my personal mission statement in phrases that I can repeat several times each day. I will answer three questions
  1. What do I want to be?
  2. What do I want to do?
  3. What do I value?

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9