Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Website Wednesday: The problem is lack of drive

'Idal (Justice), 12 Sultan 164 B.E. - Wednesday, January 30, 2008 about 2:11 PM PST

I have encountered lack of drive recently. I have a project that I need to finish, but I just cannot get it going. I find all sorts of excuses to procrastinate by finding something else to do. According to thewriteweek.com this is the worst thing I can do because "writing is 50% habit". The solution to lack of drive therefore is to sit down and write, write anything, but write.

Write Week is a monthly occurrence, which starts on the first day and ends on the seventh day. The idea is simply to write 5,000 words on any subject. The ideas is to start and complete a new project in 5,000 words. The reason behind starting a new project is to give your brain a chance to stretch in a different direction then the stalled project. In this instance the writer is stepping back from the problem and this helps solve any problem.

I am looking forward to February 1, when Write Week begins. I am looking forward to writing 5,000 words on something completely different then projects I am working on. Maybe I will even try a new genre.

thewriteweek.com is in conjunction with chaoticbunny.com, which appears to be an interesting website. I will look at the second website in more dealt in the mean time Write Week begins February 1, the day after tomorrow, therefore I am going to have to decide on my new project and a working title.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger bwheather said...

    Just letting you know, you've been tagged. ;-)

    5:51 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9