Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Creativity Question 4

Why do you make what you make? Why do you create? Why does it take the particular form it takes? Why does it take the particular form it takes?

I create poetry, short stories, flash fiction and blog entries. I write science fiction, fantasy, and mystic poems. I create because I have to. I am compelled to write, I can do nothing else except write. Writing poems and flash fiction is a compulsion.

I do not know why my creativity takes this particular form. I am not sure any artist, writer or poet knows the reason he or she creates in a specific medium. I can say that I do it for the pleasure of writing. I can say I do it as a service to humanity. However, neither of those answers the question why, they are reasons created by the mind and the ego. They are not the reason I am compelled to created.

Labels:

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9