Sunday, February 24, 2008

The First Question about Creativity

Jamal (Beauty), 18 Mulk (Dominion), 164 B.E. - Sunday, February 24, 2008 about 3:42 PM PST

This question, with several others, was posted to my yahoo journal writing group. This is the first in a series of nine questions that I will post in this blog over the next nine days. Do you see your creativity as being a part of yourself that is separate from the rest of you, the part of you that everyone knows and sees?

My creativity is a part of me, it is with me everyday of my life. I cannot serparate my creativity from the rest of my personality. My creativity is a part of my soul, it is a spiritual attribute and will continue with me into the next life.

I do not try to keep my creativity a secret any more. There was a time when I did, but that time is past. I let everyone know about that part of my life. I carry a pen and paper journal with me everywhere to keep ideas in.

I like to write poems and stories. I like to make journal and blog entries. These are a part of my creativity, but they are not all of it. My creativity makes me the unique individual I am. My creativity drives me and keeps me going.

I have tried to quit writing, but I cannot. Each time I attempt to quit, I am pushed back to the computer or my pen and paper journal. I am not going to attempt to quit writing any more because my creativity is a gift from God. As a gift from God I must use it and develop it.

Labels:

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9