Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Staying Positive as a Write

Fidal (Grace), 13 Mulk (Dominion), 164 B.E. - Tuesday, February 19, 2008 about 9:06 AM PST

The best way to stay positive as a writer is to write. I have difficulty staying positive sometimes, so I have an offline journal called Writing my Spiritual Journey, which contains letters written to Baha'u'llah. In this journal I can pour my heart out about everything that is happening in my life.

In Writing my Spiritual Journey, I usually use the free write exercise of just beginning and writing what comes to mind. If I repeat words or phrases then I repeat them. In free write the idea is to continue to write for a specific period of time or until you have written the subject out whichever comes first. The best way to do a free write is to write for a specific period, such as 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 minutes. One can always take up the subject again latter if it is not covered completely in on setting.

Writing my Spiritual Journey is to keep things in that I do not want to put in my blog. In addition to writing through the darkness letters, I use it to bring myself to account. This helps me focus on what I have accomplished and what needs done. Every blogger should have an offline journal to write in because it helps focus a person's thoughts and it reveals subjects that one might want to blog about later.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9