Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Website Wednesday: Tabbed Brousing

'Idal (Justice), 10 Sharaf (Honor) 164 B.E. - Wednesday, January 9, 2008 about 10:42 AM PST

This is Website Wednesday, but instead of reviewing a writing website, I am going to write about a related subject. Tabbed browsing is wonderful because it lets a writer have more then one website loaded at once. To switch from website to website all you do is put the mouse cursor on the tab you wand and click.

Tabbed browsing is great when doing research or composing a blog entry online. If I have to reference more then one site while I am writing, I put each site on a different tab. It saves time because I can keep the blog entry on one tab and look at the site I want to refer to while writing. This is especially nice when I need to access an online dictionary quickly.

I love tabbed browsing and use it all the time when I am online. Even when I am not composing a blog entry, I have two tabs up with different websites. One tab is usually my yahoo e-mail or my writing.com port. There are problems with tabbed browsing especially since I have a phone line connection. However, most of the problems are not that big an issues as long as I remember to save my blog entry periodically.

The main problem I have with tabbed browsing is losing my Internet connection occasionally. I can deal with this, while it is a bit irritating I is not unmanageable. First, I have to remember to save your blog entry before going to another tab. The great thing about blogger.com is that it saves my entry automatically when I am composing. It also tells me when I have lost the connection with the server.

Second, when I do lose my connection I reconnected immediately. Normally I am reconnect automatically, but not always. I use ZoneAlarm as my firewall so just by looking at the icon I can tell if I am still connection. When it comes to tabbed browsing I have one rule never have more then three tabs up at once, which cuts down on the lost connections

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9