Friday, January 04, 2008

I'm working with the Dorsimbra this week

5 Sharaf 164 B.E. - Friday, January 4, 2008 about 9:03 AM PST

The poetry form I'm working with this week is the Dorsimbra. This form consist of twelve lines divided into three stanza. Stanza one is made up of four lines of iambic pentameter rhyming abab. Stanza two is a quatrain of free verse. Stanza three is unrhymed iambic pentameter blank verse. The first line in stanza one is repeated in stanza three line twelve.

In the poem I'm writing, about composing a poem, I'm using an oxymoron. I found a list of oxymorons at OxymoronList.com, which are arranged in alphabetical order. So far I have the first and last line of the poem written. This is because I'm using the oxymoron I chose in those lines. I think after this poem is completed and posted, I'm going to write another with an oxymoron or use one of them as the title for a piece of flash fiction.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9