Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Trash pick-up day in my neighborhood

15 Masa'il 164 B.E. - Wednesday, December 26, 2007 about 7:00 AM PST

It's the Wednesday, December 26, the day after Christmas, the first day of Kwanzaa, either the first or the second day of Christmas (depending on the tradition followed), boxing day in Canada, and trash pick-up day in my neighborhood. I took my trashcan out last night, so this morning I don't have to worry about it. The trash is suppose to be put at the curb by 7:00 AM and if I don't take it out the night before I can't take it out until Friday night or Saturday morning.

I always think I'm going to get it out before 7 o'clock, but often don't. As I sit typing this, I can hear the garbage truck on the next block. You can't miss the sound of their motors as the lift the trash up to dump it in the trucks; it's a comforting sound. I think I'm going to have to get new trashcans in 2008 because the cans I have are about ready for the garbage pick-up to take them.

The hum of motors
echo through the neighborhood
announcing trash pick-up day.

I suppose I should look out the window, to see if any dogs turned the can over last night. It was heavy when I dragged and carried it to the curb last night, so I don't think any of the dogs that run free are big and strong enough to turn it over. I did put a lamp I haven intended to throw away for several weeks on top. Also I still have trash in the garage I have to take out. I can usually manage to get one or two cans to the curb, but no more.

There are a couple of good story ideas in this entry (1) ode to a garbage truck and (2) dogs or some animal turning over trashcans. I'll have to think about those for a little while. The one about an animal turning over trashcans has potential especially if the animal is one that isn't prone to that type of behavior.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9