Monday, December 17, 2007

I Dyed my hair red once

6 Masa'il 164 B.E. - Monday, December 17, 2007 about 4:20 PM PST

Daily Writing Practice Prompt for December 17, 2007 - Write about a red headed woman.

I was a red headed woman once. I dyed my dark brown hair red, actually I had someone else dye it. I went to a beauty parlor and said I wanted red hair. The beautician explained that for my hair look good red, he would have to bleach it then dye it. I said "Go ahead."

That was one of those things I did on the spur of the moment without thinking about the consequences. Only when my hair started growing out did I realize the difficulty and the expense. In order to keep my red hair I'd have to go in every four to six weeks have the roots bleach and then dyed red. At that point I realized that while I might like red hair, I didn't like the idea of having the roots bleach and then the hair dyed.

I let the hair grow out, but I wrote a poem about it. I've decided that if I want to be a red head again, I'll buy a wig. At sixty, going on sixty-one, I'm waiting for my hair to go completely gray. That way I can be a blond or a red head without doing more then going in and having it dyed without having it bleached first. That's one of the advantages of having gray hair, you can have it dyed any color you want without a lot of difficulty.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9