Thursday, December 20, 2007

12 Days of Christmas Calling Birds

9 Masa'il 164 B.E. - Thursday, December 20, 2007 about 7:00 AM PST

Yesterday I did some research on the calling birds in the Twelve days of Christmas. According to an article on the information on the Ohio University Extension page Bringing Knowledge to life. The calling birds were originally "colly" or "collie" birds. The words, which are derived from the word coal and means black. See Smart Stuff with Twig Walkingstick, article dated 11/20/05. In the case of the birds in the 12 Days of Christmas they could be European blackbirds.

I was working on a short conversation between four birds for the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge on writing.com, I didn't use the European blackbirds in the pieces, but I did use some of the information. The prompt for the conversation called for it to be funny or amusing. I'm not sure how funny it was to others, because I haven't checked to see what reviews I have on it. The title of the conversation is "Four Calling Birds: A Short Conversation" it is in my port under "Contest Submission".

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9