Monday, December 24, 2007

December 24, 2007

13 Masa'il 164 B.E. - Monday, December 24, 2007 about 11:00 AM PST

Christmas Eve and NORAD is tracking Santa in his twenty-four hour trip around the world. I wonder what the old gentleman thinks about as he follows night from country to country and across time zones. I, also, wonder how long it takes him and his reindeer to recover from such a hectic and stressful flight. Do they spend a week or so in bed? Do they have a special diet to help them in their work?

It's amazing the questions that occur to an adult about Santa. When I was a child I always wonder how he got down and back up the chimneys. The house we lived in didn't have a fireplace and a chimney, so I wanted to know how he got into the house. My mother always locked the door at night, even on Christmas Eve and I was curious as to his mode of entry. In addition, I wondered how reindeer's flew.

Now that I'm an adult and a writer, I wonder about other things. I don't wonder how reindeer's fly any more. The answer to that is simple, they believe they can fly and therefore they fly. If we believe, we can do anything; even if the winds of tests and difficulties try to keep us grounded. I think that's the basic concept of Santa and Christmas, faith; faith in God and ourselves.

True I don't remember God or one of God's names and Santa being mentioned in the same T.V. special. Still Santa is the representation of the Christmas Spirit, the spirit of giving and of love. That was the reason Christ and every other reflection of God were born on Earth to show we humans the Creator's love.

That's what Christmas is really about, God's love to humanity. It doesn't matter which one of God's names we pray to, it only matters that we pray and give thanks. While giving thanks we also need to remember the rest of the human race. Give something to someone else, even if the only thing we have to give is forgiveness.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9