Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Sending Christmas Cards from Heaven

14 Masa'il 164 B.E. - Tuesday, December 25, 2007 about 12:06 PM PST

I just read an interesting article on the yahoo news page. I went to log into my account and noticed the headline Cards from heaven have dead man talking. An 88 year old man who died this year sent Christmas cards to his friends and family. It gave everyone a jolt, as it should. I know I'd get shivers if I got a card from one of my friends on the other side.



The man was 88 years old and had a good sense of humor. I like examples of humor in anyone over the age of 60 (I'm 61), but I'm especially fond of it on octogenarians. Anyone who has survived this life for more then 80 years must have a good sense of humor. I hope my sense of humor is as good as this guys when I turn 88. He worked the project out with his 57-year-old barber, obviously a woman with a good sense of humor herself.



This is the best Christmas card story I've heard or read in years. It is worthy of a poem and. at least, a flash fiction story. Of course, as a writer I'm always looking for examples of good senses of humor. You have to write story with humor in it once in a while or you get depressed. Even if humor isn't a writer's main genre attempting to write one oils the cogs of the muse and keeps a writer young.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9