Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Name is Prosperous Snow

My online handle at writing.com is Prosperous Snow. I chose this handle because it is the meaning of my middle and first name. Snow is the local meaning of Neva, it refers to the high snow capped peaks of the Rocky Mountains.

I use Prosperous Snow at local poetry reading. True I haven't been to a poetry reading in a while, but that is going to change in 2008. I need to feed my muse with more then just online reviews and reading other people's poetry on writing.com.

In the past eleven weeks, I've written several new poems. I entered two December challenges. One challenge called the Twelve Days of Christmas used the gifts given in the song as prompts. Several of the entries were poems. The other challenge called Stretch Your Style and I have to write poems in specific forms. It has two more weeks left in the Stretch Your Style Challenge.

When I do start going back to open mic readings I'm gong to have a lot of new poems to read. I'm looking forward to the first reading I attend. There are several different reading in Las Vegas. Despite opinions to the contrary this town isn't devoid of culture, you just have to search for it.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9