Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm going to make Hobo Stew

14 Qudrat 164 B.E. - November 16, 2007 about 10:05 PM PST

I don't think I've mentioned before that besides being a creative writer I'm also a creative cook. Thanksgiving is about a week away. We pick up the turkey on Tuesday, November 20 at 2:30 PM. This means I have to clean out my freezer to make room for the bird. I'm not cooking the turkey because we're going to my nieces for Thanksgiving and she already has the meal planned.

My freezer contains two loaves of bread, a large container of ice cream, eight ice cube trays, a container holding loose ice cubes, several freezer bags of leftovers and two containers of oats for oatmeal. I'll have room for the turkey if I remove all the bags of leftovers. This means that either Tuesday or Wednesday we have Hobo Stew.

Today when I went to the store, I got hamburger, salsa, Alfredo sauce and ice cream. I'm going to make Spanish rice tomorrow with the hamburger and salsa. That should last us Saturday anyway. We don't have a lot of leftovers, that's why there are so many little bags in the freezer. Normally we eat the meal up either at one setting or two.

I also have some chicken in the fridge I have to boil off the bone. It isn't a lot of chicken so I think I'll us it for the Hobo Stew. We eat most of the leftover chicken today with mashed potatoes made with the chicken drippings. I said I was a creative cook.

I'm going to write my recipe for Hobo Stew down this time. I'm planning a family cookbook, with stories about each recipe in it. That's going to be a fun writing project.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9