Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Song that I love

8 Qudrat 164 B.E. - Sunday, November 11, 2007 about 2:03 PM PST

Daily writing practice prompt for November 11: Write about a song that you love.

There are several songs that I love this time of year Christmas carols come to mind, but I like other songs as well. My favorite Christmas carol is We Three Kings. I used to know all the words to it, but I've forgotten some of them. I still know the important parts of that song though.

Another favorite song is Amazing Grace. I always remember my grandfather when I think of that song because it was his favorite. I know the words to it as well or most of them any way. I have a recording of this song played on the flute. I love that recording even though it's just the music and not the words.

I have my speakers working now so I can play my favorite songs. Another favorite song, which I don't have a recording of is Ghost Riders in the Sky. At least I think that's the name of the song. It's about a cowboy who sees the riders chasing the devil's herd of cattle. I think I'll have to find a recording of that soon.

I think I'll write a poem about some of my favorite songs; especially about my grandfather and Amazing Grace. Maybe a form poem, I've written a lot of form poems lately. Form poems are great when you want to write, but aren't sure of an approach.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9