Sunday, November 11, 2007

Stephen King's new thriller "The Mist"

The Mist by Stephen King



Stephen King has another suspense thriller coming to the theaters soon. The Mist looks like it will keep the audience on the edge of their seats. That is one thing you can be sure of when a new movie of one of Mr. King's books comes out. Every movie based on a Stephen King book, that I have ever watched keeps me and everyone else in the audience on the edge of our seats.

My Favorite King Movie

The Stephen King movie I like best was "Needful Things". In that movie a new shop, called Needful Things, comes to town. Everyone who goes in finds something "needful". They buy the item; one person finds a baseball card, for a token price. The full price is to do a practical joke on someone else in the town. The practical jokes cause trouble and by the end of the movie, everyone is at each others throats as a results. Only the sheriff suspects what is really going on.

I liked "Needful Things" because it was a comment on modern society and greed. Each individual who bought something in "Needful Things" was so intent on getting the item that he or she did not care who they hurt as long as they got their heart's desire at a cheap price. Another thing I liked about "Needful Things" was the shop. It was dark and mysterious, the name attracted attention and one had to go in, once inside the people found items they always wanted.

By the end of this movie, I was asking my self "How would I react in a similar situation?" I am not sure I would be able to resist buying "my hearts' desire" without agreeing to the practical joke.

The Mist

"The Mist" tells the story about a group of people trapped in a store by a strange and mysterious mist. There are creatures in the mist, monsters if you will. However, the reaction of the group of people in the store that is the most interesting. They need to work together to survive, but given human nature as it is can they. I wonder how I would react in similar circumstances.

Go to the web site and watch the movie trailers; you cannot resist seeing the movie. I am looking forward to it coming to Las Vegas. Every adult has to see this movie. The trailers show exiting parts of the movie without giving anything away. They are good trailers and with a Stephen King movie, the most exciting parts are not the trailers. I cannot wait to see the movie myself.


Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9