Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Name of this Blog

16 Kamal 164 B.E. – August 15, 2007 at 11:10:11 PM PDT

I’ve changed the name on this blog. It used to be My Thoughts on Spiritual Poetry and devoted exclusively the spiritual and mystical poems. However, I’ve gone through some changes recently which resulted in the desire to expand my creative efforts. I still write mystical and spiritual poetry, but I also write science fiction, fantasy, personal essays, bitter love poems, etc. I strongly suspect this blog will contain a number of entries that, at first, appear to have vary little to do with writing. Don’t be fooled by appearances.

Writing is a central part of my life. It is the way I express myself. Not that I write letters, because I don’t. I’m not a letter writer, I’m a journal writer, a poet, an author of flash fiction, short stories and novels. Those are the ways I express my soul. Blogging is just another journal method. The intriguing thing about blogging is the potential for hundreds, thousands or millions of people to read the blog. With an ordinary journal, few people other than the author ever read it. That’s not the way it is with a blog and that’s what makes blogging so attractive to me.

When I was growing up, I was shy. I didn’t like to state my opinion. I didn’t even like to speak up in class. As I got older, I learned to speak up and answer question in class. However, there are still subjects I prefer not to discus. I won’t discus politics, if I’m asked who I’m voting for I’ll usually answer the question, but I won’t argue about it. I will discus religion, but I won’t argue about it either.

Since I began blogging, my writing has improved. It’s still not perfect, but it’s improving. That’s why everything I write has to do with writing and creativity. Everything I write is practice and helps me improve. This brings me to the new name for this blog: Poet999’s Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9