Friday, August 17, 2007

Getting Out of My Comfort Zone

17 Kamal 164 B.E.

I've decided to get out of my comfort zone and change the way I compose entries in this blog. Normally I create my entries in a word processing program and then copy and paste into the blog. However, I think its time I started typing the entries directly into the blog itself.

The advantage to this is that I can compose a rough draft of an entry in my pen and paper journal (yes, I still have a pen and paper journal) whenever I'm waiting line or in a doctor's office and then type the entry in the blog. Alternatively, I can type the entry directly into the blog, which means I can set aside a specific time to make an entry. There are disadvantages as well one of them being my creative spelling, but I'll learn to handle that, beside this blog has a spell check.

I actually composed a rough draft of this entry yesterday. I didn't type it in then because I drove across town to make a car insurance payment. After I made the insurance payment, I stopped to see Mom at the Rehab hospital and then came home. My mistake was thinking I'd be able to type the entry in when I got back. When I arrived home I was tired, probably from driving in the heat and humidity. It's monsoon season her in Vegas and the humidity is up with the heat. OK, so I should have thought to takes some water with me.

Getting back to leaving my comfort zone. Comfort zones are ruts and ruts are terrible places to be, even if the are comfortable. Also, they are cluttered. This method of blog entries will not only help me out of my comfort zone rut, but it'll help unclutter my life.

At this point, this is the only one of my three blogs I'm using this method. The entries in my other blogs will be composed the same way they've always been for about the next 19 days (although I reserve the right to change my mind in the next week, if I find I like this method better then the other method). It takes two weeks to acquire a new habit, this will give me a chance to get used to making entries this way. It will also give me time to see if this helps my muse. I'm having trouble coming up with entries, so I think my muse is in a rut as well.


  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9