Friday, April 15, 2016

Evening in Las Vegas

Sunset approaches
transforming blue afternoon
into black velvet.

Evening in Las Vegas is always an interesting experience. I live in one of the poor areas of town where we do not get a lot of tourists. If I walk into the middle of my street I can look west and see Mount Charleston, but I do not do this very often. It is dangerous to stand in the middle of the street because cars speed the wrong way down this residential neighborhood.

I live on a one way street with of speed limit of 25 mph, at least I think that's the speed limit. I do not remember seeing a speed limit sign on this street. I have seen one-way signs, but no speed limit sign. The speed limit in all residential neighborhoods are 25 mph, not that anyone ever pay attention to speed limit signs or one-way signs. So it is probably just as well that we do not get many or any tourist in this neighborhood.

I love evening in Las Vegas.
It is a time for me to relax,
take a deep breath
and recount the good events
of the day.
 

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9