Saturday, March 14, 2015

Success Saturday: What Successes Have I Experienced Between March 8 to March 14?

As I sit here sipping a Ginger Ale and listening to spiritual music, I ask myself "What writing successes have I experienced this week?" First, I wrote a romantic story called Lady's Night at the Greasy Fork. Second, I accomplished or exceeded my word count goal six days out of seven. Third, I accomplished my review goal seven days out of seven. Today I discovered that I can write better if I listen to music.

Pigeons at the curb
Pecking on the black asphalt
Look for scattered crumbs

I lean back in my chair, look out my open door and watch the birds or people walking past my apartment. It is a beautiful late winter day with a gentle breeze blowing through the limbs of the trees. Pigeons hop-walk along the curb while pecking for crumbs or water in the street. The shadow of a larger bird passes over, but the pigeons do not appear frightened. These are city birds, who normally do not have to worry about hawks swooping down and taking one of them for its lunch or supper. The only thing the birds on Sunrise Avenue have to worry about is the well fed neighborhood cats or a car speeding the wrong way down the street.

Beautiful weekend
Blue sky, scattered clouds, slight wind,
And mild temperatures.

I still have a Minute poem to write for an activity on writing.com. The deadline is on Sunday, March 15. I attempted to write it during the week, but could not get beyond the first line. I will finish it or rather start a new one tonight. Sometimes writing a form poem can be difficult; however, it is rewarding. I decided to change the approach of the Minute poem and make it a spiritual poem.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

    what is a minute poem?

    8:37 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9