Monday, October 06, 2014

On a Sleepy Monday Morning in October

That title sounds like the beginning of a poem or mystery story, but this morning it is just the title of this entry. I am sleepy. I know that if I log out and attempt to take a nap I will not be about to sleep, therefore, the only thing for me to either continue to write or do housework. I do not want to do any housework because I have rewrites to work on.I also have a flash fiction story to write for a blogging contest on writing.com.

On a sleepy Monday morning in October,
I focus on one thing at a time
the is no multitasking this morning
and no singing depression's song.

That is a good one stanza  poem. That is the third poem I wrote this morning, so I have gotten this sleepy Monday off to a good start. I do not know why I am sleepy, perhaps I need something to eat. Maybe a turkey sandwich or something else.

I will have to get up in a few minutes to walk around so that I do not fall asleep on my keyboard. I cannot give into a nap this morning because I have too much work to do to sit down and sleep. The birds singing outside my open front door are not sleepy. In fact they sound cheerful and wide awake. The birds are so cheerful and happy that they make me smile.


Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9