Sunday, September 28, 2014

Three Days and Counting

In three days, on October 1, the NaNoWriMo Preparation Challenge begins on writing.com. Those who participate in this challenge are expected to spend at least 15 minutes a day working on the required assignments. Once the required assignment for any given day is completed, and the information on its completion submitted, then the participant can either move on to the next required assignment or work on the bonus assignment for that day.

There are required and bonus assignments for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. On Saturday, the only required assignment is the contest round assignment. A participant is not required to enter the contest, but the assignment must be completed even if it is not entered in the contests. Sunday is a free day, which means you can catch up on anything you have not completed, work on an upcoming assignment or bonus, or focus your writing efforts on something else.

I have a book ready for the assignments and bonuses in my port: Visit My Portfolio @ Writing.Com. I have made the first enter a calendar-check list that contains all the assignments. I am as ready as I will ever be for the NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge. I plan on scheduling my Prep Challenge writing time of a morning, but that schedule is not sit in stone because on some days I will have to wait until afternoon or evening to work on the assignments.

I have two possible working titles for my National Novel Writing Month novel. The first is The Empire of the Blue Wolf and the second is Valley of the Crested Towers, but I may change the working title before November 1 when NaNoWriMo begins. Since I like both titles, and cannot think of anything better, I will use one of those. If I come up with a better title before November then I will make a blog entry about it.


Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9