Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Matters: A poem and Ideas for Poems

Monday afternoon
I purchased a new broom
To sweep my apartment clean

I went shopping this morning for cleaning supplies, specifically a new broom, dustpan, and sponge mop. The first store I stopped at was the 99 Cent Store where I purchased a new broom, dustpan, and a few other items. However, the only type of mops they had were spaghetti mops which I have difficulty using. so I went to the Dollar General where I bought a sponge mop, a spare sponge for the mop, ice cube trays, and dish washing liquid.

Normally, I do not go to more then one grocery store in a day, but today was  special. I needed the mop because the only one in this apartment is a spaghetti mop. In addition, to cleaning supplies I also have an idea for a poem. I think I will call it Ode to my New Sponge Mop. Perhaps I need to get out of the apartment more often because I think my muse is being starved of inspiration.



Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9