Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Written on my 67 bithday December 24, 2013

It's been a truly awesome 67th birthday. I received birthday greetings on Facebook and writing.com. My sister came over today and she bought me a small ham, some bananas, and bread for my birthday. I found my mother's pink prayer beads when we were getting some stuff ready for her to take to storage.

The best thing that happened today was finding the prayer beads. I've been looking for those beads ever since my mother's death on November 29, 2012. Now that I've found them, I'll put them in the leather medicine bag a friend made me several years ago. I keep my prayer beads in that bag because I can find them easily. I can also find the bag when I put it in my purse.

Finding those prayer beads is the best birthday present anyone could have given me. I remember Mom using them before the Alzheimer's disease took her memory away. Every time I look at them or use them from now on, I will remember Mama.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9