Thursday, December 26, 2013

Reflections on a Thursday Afternoon

looking at the year
and at the difficulties
achieving my word count goal

I have to take a new approach when it comes to achieving my word count goal. I do the same writing activities month after month without achieving the goal consistently. The only month that I consistently achieve the goal for 30 days straight is in November during NaNoWriMo. In November, I climb out of my writing rut and focus on the chapters of the novel.

writing in a rut
repeating the same actions
over and over

After NaNoWriMo passes I return to the rut, I start performing the same actions over and over without successfully achieving my word count goal. Therefore, I have decided to take a different approach in the coming year. Each week, I intend to submit my goals to writing.com forum Weekly Goals, which I have did for the past six or eight weeks. I am still having difficulty with consistency, but it is less then before I began posting my goals in that forum.

change is difficulty
requires climbing out of ruts
sometimes more then once

The next change I intend to make is moving my focus from blog entries to short stories, poems, and novels. This requires me to change the way I make blog entries or stop updating one of my blogs. Since I have no intentions of stopping the blog entries, it means that I have change the way I make the entry. At this point, every other day blog entries appears to be the best was to handle this situation.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9