Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day 2013

Nightingale singing
outside my kitchen window
Las Vegas Christmas

It's Wednesday, December 25. 2013, a bright and beautiful Christmas morning in Las Vegas. I just went into the kitchen to heat me up another cup of leftover coffee and I heard a nightingale singing in my backyard. I stood in front of the microwave watching my coffee heat and listening to the bird sing. After the coffee finished heating, I took the wet clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer.

Garbage trucks rolling
through the neighborhood even
on a holiday

I rolled the trash to the curb about 4:30 am this morning. I know I should have taken it  out last night, but that would not have given me the incentive to say up after the alarm sounded. The trucks rolled by my house about 6:30 am again today.  They did the same thing last week, so winter must give them the incentive to get the work accomplished early.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9