Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Midweek Reflections on Winter

I used to be autumn and winter's child
then arthritis pain
became my winter affliction
now I'm
spring and summer's child.

"Baby it's cold outside" is a good description of Las Vegas weather. I checked weather.com to find out the temperature and discovered that it is 50 degrees out, but feels like 48.  I'm tired of winter already and winter doesn't officially start until December 21 at 17.11 UTC. Right now, I don't know what time that would be in Las Vegas and I don't care.

I want to be warm again,
I want to walk in the summer sun
and worry about sunburn,
because I can put on enough sunscreen
to protect me from the UV rays,
but I can't put on enough clothes
to protect me from the cold.

Mornings are so cold that I can't focus on writing, so I struggle with it every morning. The only thing I can focus on is the cold, which doesn't help because then it seems colder. This morning, I started two poems and completed only one. Instead of review three items  on writing.com, I reviewed only one. I still have two more to go before I accomplish today's reviewing goal.

I'm not even going to discuss how many words I wrote this morning because I'm waiting for it to get warm enough for me to take a shower. That will cut down on my writing time and the word count I reach today. I may be up until midnight reaching my word count and I have to get up in the morning because I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.


Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9